Your Ultimate 12 Month Wedding Planning Timeline To Having A Stress-Free Wedding Day
T-Minus 10-16 Months
- Discuss, argue, negotiate, compromise and decide (with your partner!) upon a wedding budget.
- Draft a wedding guest list (so that you can get an idea of numbers).
- Tour and lock in a wedding and/or reception venue.
- Make a list of wedding services and/or products you want.
- Ask your BFFs to be a part of your wedding day as bridal party.
- Pinterest all the things (probably too many but meh – why not?).
T-Minus 8-9 Months
- Try different styles of wedding dresses before ordering THE ONE.
- Decide and book your wedding suppliers: photographer, videographer, stylist/designer, florist, celebrant, cake maker, caterer, hair stylist, makeup artist, entertainment etc. – as required (because popular ones get booked out one year in advance!).
T-Minus 6-7 Months
- Have your engagement photos taken by your wedding photographer.
- Check-in with your florist, stylist, celebrant, catering etc.
- Finalise your wedding guest list and compile a corresponding mailing addresses.
- Send out Save-the-dates.
- Organise bride party attire.
- Attend your first dress fitting.
- Order groom’s attire
- Order your wedding rings.
T-Minus 4-5 Months
- Send out your wedding invites.
- Have a hair and makeup trial to lock in your desired look.
- Put together a rough wedding day timeline, with locations, timings, and who is doing what, when and where.
- Book your night-of accommodation.
- Order super long sparklers if you’re having a sparkler exit.
- Enrol in dance classes.
T-Minus 3 Months
- Meet with your celebrant/officiant to go over the wedding ceremony elements (e.g., readings, vows, what story to tell, timings etc.)
- Check-in with all of your vendors, and settle remaining balances
- Review music playlist with DJ and/or band.
T-Minus 8 Weeks
- Update your guest list with the RSVPs you have received.
- Follow up with guests who have not RSVP’d.
- Meet with your photographer to discuss and finalise wedding day timeline.
- Confirm seating chart.
- Have your final dress fitting.
- Send your wedding day runsheet to all your wedding vendors.
T-Minus 4 Weeks
- Delegate tasks to friends and family
- Say ‘No’ to last-minute parental requests/expectations.
T-Minus 7 Days
- Take at least three days leading to your wedding day off work
- Send wedding day runsheet to everyone in the bridal party
- Update all your wedding vendors if there are any last minute changes
- Break in your wedding shoes
- Pack your go-bag.
The Wedding Day
- Be merry.
After The Wedding Day
- Taken delivery of and open your wedding gifts
- Pay all remaining balances to vendors
- Clean and preserve your wedding dress (and bouquet)
- Return any rentals you may have outstanding
- Collect your wedding memories
- Write thank-you notes
- Leave reviews for your favourite wedding vendors.
- Make a daily commitment to live happily ever after